Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 January 2024

Modern wines are too alcoholic!

 When I was a teenager, popular alcoholic drinks were Sherry, Dubonet, Cinzano ,Gin and tonic etc. Wine was reserved for mealtimes, and the selection was fairly limited.

Wine has steadily become more popular and with its popularity - the alcoholic content has got stronger - which is not good.

A 12% alcoholic wine used to be the norm - which is 1.5 units per 125ml small glass.

I have seen wines with 13 - 15% alcoholic content. Not good!

I am challenging myself to find good 12% red wines. Let me know if you find any.


I recommend the drinkaware app, which is free, and it allows you to chart your weekly units of alcohol. 14 units is the most anyone should drink - per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers